Chevy Trucks Suck

I bought one after owning a Ford and Chevy sucks. My Ford was way better. Faster, got 12 milesa to the gallon, and was more dependalbe. You guys that buy Chevys are fools and suckers. And I looked better driving it.

Spam me

There is bad chevies and bad Fords too. Chevy does not have the market cornered on lemons and Ford has had more than its fair share of them, consider yourself lucky with your Ford, not the norm.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Per Spam me:

Better than this guy?

(PeteCresswell)

Finally, something I agree with from the snoman.

skimmer

Reply to
NewsSkimmer

It does happen from time to time.

Reply to
azwiley1

Reply to
"David Norris david"

Well, so far...just once. But I'll note it on my calendar and wait for the next to approximate your inferred hypotheses.

skimmer

Reply to
NewsSkimmer

I wouldn't wait, the next time might be a few years from now.

Reply to
azwiley1

He is good on the technical side, as in troubleshooting. Otherwise his name says it all.

Reply to
Mike Dobony

I have to go with the Snoman-why not save up a little more money and buy a chevy. Ford sux.

Reply to
Larry

On some level they all suck.

Reply to
nonsense

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 20:56:17 -0500, nonsense wrote in :

If I knew how to shove a Ford 302 or Dodge 318 into a 4WD S10 I'd be doing that right now instead of typing out a newsgroup post.

Reply to
Frank Gilliland

First, get an oxy-acetylene torch....

Reply to
nonsense

on Wednesday 26 September 2007 08:21 pm, someone posing as Frank Gilliland took a rock and etched into the cave:

How about a 350?

Adding a V8 to a S-10/S-15 blazer/jimmy/bravada is not that difficult.

Just a few links to get you started. I used to be on s-series.org with my Jimmy. Lots of folks there know how this is done.

Reply to
PerfectReign

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 22:46:26 -0700, PerfectReign wrote in :

Several reasons. The SBC (like the 4.3) is too wide for the S10 and has clearance problems. Because of this, the stock 4.3's in the S10's had overheating issues, and 350's are even harder to keep cool. The SBC (like the 4.3) puts the distributor in a terrible place; you have to pound out the firewall and timing is still a PITA. Chevy blocks are soft and the cylinders wear out too fast compared to their Dodge and Ford counterparts -- I won't rebuild a Chevy unless I can sleeve all the cylinders. Chevy engines are also heavier than their counterparts.

And it's been done so many times that it's almost a cliche'.

Reply to
Frank Gilliland

Oh! You meant you wanted to keep the front end intact.

The old 10 pounds of feces in a 5 pound bag gambit.

Reply to
nonsense

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 05:51:50 -0500, nonsense wrote in :

The front end can handle the weight just fine with different shocks and a couple minor mods. The issue is the maximum practical horsepower the truck can use. You can reach that mark from any small block V8, so might as well go with the the lighter engines. The 302 is the lightest of the group and would probably be my first choice.

Reply to
Frank Gilliland

Silly Boy:

Put a Chevy motor in it, it will fit easier and not turn a perfectly good truck, into a piece of shit!

Reply to
Refinish King

Reply to
David & Robin Johnson