caddy to truck engine swap

Hey guys,
I posted this same question over in the caddy section, you never know.
Do the old cadillac engines(425,the other one,502)have the same bolt ups
as the old chevs? I have a chev 350, and I want to bolt a 425 inch big block caddy engine(free,works good)in my 1985 chev truck. Will my standard shift truck tranny bolt up to the 425?(L,1,2,3 pattern)
And how about flywheels?Can I make this engine tranny combo work?how?
Do all the automatics from chev bolt up to the caddy engines?(TH350,TH400,700R4). Does the engine bolt right in?(are the motor mounts positioned right, or are mods needed?
Thanx
No it will not, but I beleive there are adapters available. Nothing about the Cad just bolts in, mounts, trans pattern, all different.

-

ups
standard
motor
Cadillac uses the B-O-P bolt pattern. Finding a bell housing that will work in your truck may be difficult. If the truck is two wheel drive you can find an automatic that will work. You are going to have to deal with the motor mounts and the exhaust system. And then the truck will not be smog legal.
Al

The "easiest" way would be to use a caddy tranny and adapt it to your transfer case. There are adaptors for this out there. I would suggest trading for a 454 as it will bolt in with a lot less fuss. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com
SnoMan wrote:

============ A TH400 would bolt right up if he decides to switch to an automatic.
Either way, there's going to be crossmember, driveshaft, wiring... etc..etc...to deal with.
Unless this thing has some weird sentimental value, or this is just a case of "I'm gonna do it and never mind the bullshit".......I'd suggest not sinking the funds into it to start with. But, as I said, a custom buildup done right is a completely different animal.....then.......go for it. cool..and different.
~:~ marsh ~takes a sip of his mushroom tea......the weirder the better~ ~:~
snay wrote:

================http://www.transmissionadapters.com/Buick%20Bellhousing.htm
yer welcome.
~:~ MarshMonster ~sips his crownroyal~ ~:~