A question for Caddy owners...

I'm tall (6'3") and in my '83 GTI I have to put the seat back all the way and recline a bit more than an average height person would be comfortable with.

My question: Will I fit in a Caddy without feeling too cramped?

Thanks for all opinions.

Reply to
William Morgan

Maybe you should try a GM newsgroup.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

You didn't include a grin or anything to indicate if you were being funny...but in case you were not...caddy = vw pickup.

...and to the original poster, I am 6'2'', and I did not fit in one comfortably. I guess it depends on how you like the seat positioned, but with seat at maximum back position, the angle of seat back had to be way to steep for me to feel comfortable. My long dreams of owning a caddy were shattered. ;^(

Reply to
Tony Bad

Funny after I hit the send button I had the feeling I should have. No I was not being disrespectful, but rather I was showing my ignorance of the VW line. Sorry William.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I have read many of your posts, and you seem pretty knowledgeable to me...that is why I wasn't sure if you were joking or not. I have a bad habit of taking sarcasm as a serious reply, and making myself look like a doofus in the process.

Take a look at this:

Tony Bad

Caddy = rabbit pickup

comfortable

Reply to
Trent Liles

I'm 6'1, and Its a tight squeeze. I removed the headliner, and the cardboard header, and then just glued the new headliner cloth onto the interior of the roof. it added about 3 inches of head room, but doesn't help with the seat position. I've always wondered why they didn't use the 2dr rabbit as the base for the truck. it would have added at least another (much needed) 6 inches of leg/seat recline room.

But don't let it kill your plans. although Its not as roomy as the rabbit sedan, I find Its no worse then the standard cab Toyota,Nissan,Mazda compact trucks of the early 80's And I just got back from a 1300 mile trip in one with my wife. Both of my legs still work, and my back will be ok in a few years......

MrFixit.

Reply to
nuttygoodguy

Hey Mr nuttygoodguy: I just checked out your web site. What a hoot! I think you need help ;) I had a 80 Diesel truck some years ago and regretably ended up selling it, (hint: it had to do with a woman). Now i have just bought a 03 Jetta wagon and wouldn't mind finding another truck just for hauling around my VW parts and for other little projects. I still see a few around here that are still on the road and actually still fairly presentable.

Doug Lakeland, FL

Reply to
ddh