Generator problem...

I have a 85 Blazer full size and I am getting some weird Alternator problems. It charges then stops then charges. This is a new alternator the one before this wouldn't charge more than 12v and the one before that would
charge and then stop like the current one. I have tested the previous ones at AutoZone and they were bad. This one was tested before I took possession of it and passed but is now doing this. When I test it, it will either charge with 50 amps and nothing wrong or will not charge and they will say its disconnected or something. I have replaced that plug that goes in it too. I am wondering if I have been getting some bad parts or is there something else that I am missing?
Thanks in advance for your help. I am glad that these are easy to change or this could be a lot worse I think?
Sounds like a bad regulator, AZ has many grades of reman alternators, go online and look. Or try Napa's lifetime unit.

-
This one should be under warranty so... Changing it shouldn't be that bad. But I was wondering if it sounds like I am getting a bunch of bad alternators or if I should check the wiring or something? I have another alternator that I will put on there if this one works that I will know for sure but in case it was bad too I wanted to know if there were other things to check? Thanks in advance.

Very simple charging system on that truck, look for bad grounds or connections throughout the circuit, load test the battery, that's it.

-

I think he needs to check field power wiring. The alternator will not produce power unless it is switched on and field power is applied. If his field circuit is bad the alternator would test good on a tester when feild power is jumpered over to it. (feild power which runs between 4 and 6 amp is removed when off otherwise it would discharge battery quickly. (could over heat alternator too on a warm still day) ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
snipped-for-privacy@snoman.com says in an attempt to ignore the past...
Why don't you admit you were wrong in the '4T65E' thread before you continue posting more bad information?
LIST UPDATED!!! ----------------------------------- :::::::::Snojob Follies::::::::: SBJ: 4T65E http://tinyurl.com/2lcjkv (Confuses 4T65e with a 4L65e and won't admit it.)
SBJ: Dumb brake question http://tinyurl.com/2ya3wo (Discribes wrong brakes and won't admit it.)
SBJ: Front wheel bearings-2000 Blazer?? http://tinyurl.com/2j44zv (Claims torque specs are wrong when they are not.)
SBJ: Snoball Defense System v1.01 http://tinyurl.com/2okyfx (Snoball breaks these out when he knows he's wrong but won't admit it.) -----------------------------------

Because he is either too damn stupid or too damn drunk to admit that. Hell did you read his last post in the coolant thread, he left out like every other word while typing!
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

I tried to read it but my brain cells were suffocating do to the sheer stupidity of his post... I wouldn't doubt one bit that he is an alcoholic or suffers from some sort of mind crippling disease like syphilis. I can't imagine a normal healthy person going about their business like nothing happened after they caused a train wreck. Definitely has to be some sort of disease at work here.
----------------------------------- :::::::::Snojob Follies::::::::: SBJ: 4T65E http://tinyurl.com/2lcjkv (Confuses 4T65e with a 4L65e and won't admit it.)
SBJ: Dumb brake question http://tinyurl.com/2ya3wo (Discribes wrong brakes and won't admit it.)
SBJ: Front wheel bearings-2000 Blazer?? http://tinyurl.com/2j44zv (Claims torque specs are wrong when they are not.)
SBJ: Snoball Defense System v1.01 http://tinyurl.com/2okyfx (Snoball breaks these out when he knows he's wrong but won't admit it.) -----------------------------------

They had wolf pack during WW2, I gues you two travel in Troll packs huh? Now you what to focus on type too. Such children you are. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Now I "what" to focus? Umm, hello, my 10 year old son types and speaks better then you, AND he knows that different metals expand at different rates. Shame that you, the self proclaimed expert of all can/couldn't/won't learn this.
What a lot of us are still trying to figure out is how we are all the trolls, according to you, but you the one who is almost always wrong, who almost always posts incorrect info and NEVER ONCE admits to being wrong is not a troll?
snipped-for-privacy@snoman.com says...

'Troll' 'Children'
Typical defenses by snoball.
Learn all about his defense tatics below.
----------------------------------- SBJ: Snoball Defense System v1.01 http://tinyurl.com/2okyfx (Snoball breaks these out when he knows he's wrong but won't admit it.) -----------------------------------

Ohh, I know all about this, and have read it with great enjoyment many times. Though it is/was a rethorical question I was trying to see if he actually had a grasp on anything at all.
Snoman, just admit that you misread a single letter in the 4t65e thread. One simple letter in the middle of a part number is easy to misread, especially when your mind and eyes are trained to read something almost identical. No shame is associated with a simple mistake like that. The shame is to continue to act as if you didn't make a reasonable error.
I suspect you won't respond to me, because you never do. Is it because I disarm you by stating your usual response? Statements like "you're just a troll, you don't understand the physics, you don't understand the chemistry,you don't understand the thermodynamics, you don't understand the special theory of relativity." My god man, you are a laughing stock! Even Beryl no longer defends you.

Oh Ed, I must say that I love the way you phrase things! How are ya man?

work done on my house. I now have insulation in the walls and ceiling. This winter I don't think I will have to sleep in the living room with a small fire going that I have to monitor/adjust throughout the night, nor do I suspect I will awake to find frost on the inside of my windows!
Although we corresponded about me stopping by for an afternoon this fall, I've taken too much of my available vacation to do prep. work on my house, that I won't be making the grand tour of the desert south west that I envisioned.
The Leonid meteor shower is predicted to peek early the night of November 18 as discussed here: http://leonid.arc.nasa.gov/ Although the number of meteors/hour or meteors/night has steadily fallen from the peek 5 or 6 years ago, it remains a beautiful display and always surprises the experts in both the number and brilliance of the meteors. I will be outside that night and encourge all to at least look up once that night.

Your Life as a Troll must realy make you feel complete, so very very sad. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
snipped-for-privacy@snoman.com says...

Sad? More like heaps of fun. Please don't stop posting or I'll have to find a new hobby.