How to remove heater fan 95 pickup

Page 2 of 2
wrote:

I've googled for nearly 4 hours (using other search engines too). Did not find shit. I did find several of those mostly worthless discussion groups where someone asked this same questiona and no one provided any useful help, or nothing at all. Got a few u-tube videos showing how to change one under the hood. Mine is under the dash. If mine was under the hood, it would have been changed in 10 minutes. Under the dash, therre is no room to get to the damn thing, and removing that glove box seems harder than the blower.
4 hours later, I've found nothing.......
snipped-for-privacy@work.com wrote:

Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the instrument panel glove compartment. Unfasten the forward-most screw in the right side door sill plate. Remove the trim panel from the right hinge pillar. If necessary for access, unplug the ECM wiring and remove the ECM. Unplug the electrical lead at the blower motor and if equipped, remove the underdash courtesy lamp. Remove the bolt from the right side lower instrument panel support. Remove the blower cover and the cooling tube. Unfasten the flange screws and pull out the blower motor. You may have to pry back the right side of the instrument panel slightly. Be careful!
To install: Position the blower motor and install the mounting screws. Be careful not to catch the blower on anything when sliding it in. Install the cooling tube and the blower shield. Install the bolt into the instrument panel support. Attach the courtesy lamp and the blower electrical lead. If removed, install the ECM. Attach the wiring harness. Install the trim panel on the pillar. Don't forget the screw in the sill plate! Install the instrument panel glove compartment and connect the battery cable.
--
Steve W.

On 12/28/13 4:52 PM, snipped-for-privacy@work.com wrote:

One explanation here: http://tinyurl.com/oakrr8w It's on a '93 but under dash fan motor. The short explanation is that you rip the dash apart. Lots of youtube stuff: http://tinyurl.com/mbxxte8 It's probably stuff you've already seen but who knows.
On Sat, 28 Dec 2013 16:52:54 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@work.com wrote:

The Helms book for a tahoe (probably same new style interior) says to remove the lower right I/P bolt. And it may be necessary to pry back right side of I/P.
Remove Disconnect 1 Neg battery cable 2 instrument panel storage compartment 3 Front right screw from right door sill plate 4 Right hinge pillar trim panel 5 Elect connectors, Blower motor 6 courtesy lamp 7 Bolt from lower right I/P support 8 Blower motor cover 9 Blower motor cooling tube 10 Blower motor Flange screws 11 Blower motor. * Pull the blower motor forward carefully to avoid distoring the blower fan * May be necessary to pry back right side of instrument panel
Cheers
This is the new style interior introduced in the 95 tahoe. scroll down to the 6th post. This picture has the passenger side airbag (96). <http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/general-discussion/interior-tech/471003-yukon-front-console.html