How to replace power steering fluid in 92 Blazer?

Hi all, on my last trip to the garage, the mechanic advised that my power steering fluid should be replaced soon. How difficult is this job? Is this as basic as an oil change?
Honestly, I would know where to begin, but if I can save a few bucks, then by all means.
92 blazer, 4.3, 4dr 2wd auto
well not sure why he recommeded that you change the ps fluid. But its a fairly easy job.... what you have to do is siphon as much fluid out of the p/s resevior as possible and then fill to the proper level with new p/s fluid. Check around in the local auto parts stores... for a "siphon pump" for this purpose... many people use them for rear end dope and also p/s fluid.
You also could disconnet one of the p/s hoses at the sector and let the fluid drain that way. You never really get all the fluid out. I'ts not a bad idea to change the p/s fluid every few years......
On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 21:31:56 GMT, "stevensly"

--
Elbert Clarke
snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net