help plz..Brake lights do not work now

I don't know if this is the case with yours, but it may be:

The brake lights in my truck are also my rear turn signals. So if I put my left turn signal on, that's my left brake light. The same goes for the right. So if you put your left or right turn signal on (don't forget to put the key to accessory), do the lights flash?

Try the 4-way/hazzard lights for the same reason.

I had a problem with my turn signals (front&back), parking lights,

4-way/hazzard, and stop lights all were blowing their fuses -- but not the bulbs. It ended up being the trailer light harness was corroded and shorted out.

Just some odd ideas -- it's a newer truck so I would be suprised if it was corrosion -- unless you were playing with something ;)

-Joe

Reply to
Joe Webster
2001 Trail Blazer

My brake lights have quit working and was wondering if anyone can help me get them to work again.

I have checked the fuse and the blubs.

Thanks for any replies

Reply to
Duck

Sorry all , here some more info

Also the turn signals work and the Haz flashers work.

When stepping on the brakes the light on top the truck above the back windshield works as it should.

Reply to
Duck

The boards you are talking about are they in the taillight assembly, called the service center and had to set an appointment because they have never heard of this before and may need time to figure it out.

No, over 36000 miles.

Reply to
Duck

sounds like a problem ive heard of with the turn signal/multifunction switch. Not a cheap proposition unfortunately

Reply to
Hey Paizan

Old Crow

There is no board on this 2001 Trail Blazer just sockets where the blubs fix into.

The 2001 TB is like the old Blazer befroe the body change maybe that is the problem

Reply to
Duck

Reply to
Jeremy Bomkamp