Need front Diff '96 S-10

Can anyone help me find a source for a new or completely rebuilt front differential for a '96 S- 10 pickup 4x4. Tried one from a salvage yard but it's making a grinding noise also. Skippy

just a thought, might or might not pertain to yours---grinding noise happened to me also a while back--I replaced the front diff but it made no difference in the noise-- --turned out to really be caused by one of the front wheel bearing-hub assembles. When I jacked it up to "feel" or "listen" for a bad wheel bearing it was not very noticeable--apparently the grinding noise occurs when the wheel spins with the normal weight on it while driving. This is not like the old wheel bearings one could disassemble--this is a sealed wheel bearing hub unit. Dealer cost is very high. A better price can be had at some part store such as utoZone. -----Aside from that be sure your 4 wheel drive engagement parts are working properly. ------

but