oil filter

My oil filter on my '92 C1500 350 is seized. Tried the screwdriver method, collapsed. Now cannot get the ring off. HELP PLEASE!!!

Theres not much that will stand up to my 18" slip joint plyers. Tricky to get aroud the filter, but have been successful many times.

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 17:01:24 -0400, "Shiloh884"

Try a chisel and a hammer to bite into it and break it loose in a loosening motion as sometimes the vibration of impact from this will break it loose when other methods fail. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

If you have room, put a rubber strap wrench around it and hit it with a rubber mallet... sometimes the shock will break it loose..
Never had much luck with the screwdriver approach, not enough metal in modern filters...
I use one of those funny looking spring things and a 1/2 breaker bar now... not cheap, but they sure work.. Mac
I always get the oil filter off by wrapping a piece of rope or electrical wire around it with a loop in the end. Stick a hefty screwdriver through the loop and use that as the lever to turn the filter.
John
On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 17:01:24 -0400, "Shiloh884"