pickup with 5000 lbs GVW

Feds Sieze 4926 lbs of Drugs in ONE PICKUP at the mexican border ..
A PICKUP CARRYING almost 5000 lbs ??? I didnot know that a PICKUP truck could carry that much CARGO !!!

A LARGE CARGO truck Cud
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/02/16/drug.seizure.ap/index.html

It was in two trucks, not one:
"On Monday, Border Patrol agents reported intercepting two northbound pickups that had entered illegally west of Nogales. The pickups turned around and headed back toward Mexico. "One became stuck, prompting the occupants to abandon the trucks and run off. Inside the abandoned pickups, agents found 4,926 pounds of marijuana loaded in bundles, worth about $3.9 million on the street, according to a Border Patrol press release."
Steve
It is Still more than what 5 pickups can haul!
Steve Mackie wrote:

The 1994 C3500 dually crew w/454 gas I used to drive at work would haul 4,000lbs of steel for a joke. Add on the trailer and I've had the GVW at 14,000lbs. This from a curb weight of just under 8,000lbs (inluding the >750lbs steel rack).
Too bad they don't show a picture, or perhaps disclose what type of pickup was used.
Steve
My present truck, 04 2500HD has a gvw of 9200lbs weighs about 5200 empty so it can legally haul 4000lbs. I have had more than that in it.