RE engine start long crank problem

Well guys it is the weirdest thing. I replaced all the lines , filter, and pump/tank ALL NEW !! you can barely hear the pump with 1/4 gas in it. The truck has never started in -10 below weather WELL !!! even with the
lines totally empty.. it cranked about 10 times and started.. So I assume it was the pump as I could hear it humming really loud.... everyone said that was good to hear it.. it meant strong pump.. LOL guess not I shut the truck off and it shut of 10 seconds or less later.. Mind you I can barely hear it. I'll restart it tomorrow in the morning and see....but thought I would ask if a quiet pump is bad or good ? Or is the noisy pump mean it is stronger than for all your help...
We replaced the one in our Jimmy a few years back with a GM pump. It was loud from the time we put it in until it was removed... 1 year later. It never ran right after putting it in and never had correct pressure. So loud isn't better,,,

I tend to agree.. It is the pressure and flow that makes it or breaks it, not the noisy but noisy pumps sometimes tend to have shorter life spans due to looser tolerances they usually have that makes them noisier. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
well 3 starts almost no porblems.. Still have to give the throttle a slight tap to get it to fire as it does the roll over really fast like iut is going to spark. I have r44ts plugs in it and it calls for 43. My vacuum is 10.8 which is not that great I was told soI am looking for a vacuum leak somewhere. The O2 sensor is rich/lean steady so that is good.. one reading was 54 and it was suppose to be at 20-100 range. I am doing the timing tomorrow and right now it is idling at 950 rpm's I was told 800-850 ius what it should be.. for a 350 with th350 auto. Any other advice would be great.

Well, when I used to live where it got a lot colder, I used to add a bottle of dry gas (methanol) with every fill up. Sometimes when it is cold and humid, the temp drop from gas vaporizing can form ice crystals in the mixture stream that make a it a bit harder to light off. I still do it with my snowblowers that I use on jobs because they need to start and run easily in any weather. Never had any problem with them even when there is snow blowing everywhere and getting sucked into intake and it is around or below zero. With them I use about 2 oz to the gallon. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
Done that.. $3.99 a ltr .. added to full tank 97 octane gas. snoman.... would you know the propper idle for a 350 tbi on th350 tranny ?.. I advanced my timing to 6 instead of the 2 it was at.. if I have it set to 0 like the manual says.. it runs like shit.. and sluggish Now the truck is idling @ 925 or so..

Cheaper to buy it buy the bottle here as you can get a ltr that way for 2 buck of less. YOu do not want to add a ltr per tank though, about 1/2 or less would be more than enough.
In the idle, it should be around 700. I actually had to tweak my minimum throttle plate setting a several years ago to allow plates to close a bit more because the IAC could not control the idle at times with higher idle vacum from more spark advance at a idle (it would not close enough because engine needed even less airt at a idle) since I did that I have had no more idle speed issues. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com