S-10 Clutch problems

Clutch doesn't want to stay engaged. When I start it the clutch works. I can shift all gears. But withing a minute it engages sooner and sooner until with the pedal on the floor it is fully engaged.
If I shut it off and restart it does the same thing, works at first but fades fast. Generally, would this be the master cylinder or the slave cylinder that does the pushing at the bell housing? TIA for any help.
F.H. wrote:

Sounds like a bad master cylinder. When was the last time it was serviced and bled?
--
Steve W.
(\___/)
Steve W. wrote:

Was recently in storage for three years. Just ordered a new master and slave. Thanks.
F.H. wrote:

That would be enough to kill it. Any moisture in the system had time enough to pit the bores and cause leakage.
Make SURE you follow the bleeding procedures, if you don't you will end up with a spongy clutch. They can be a PIA because of the way the line runs.
--
Steve W.
(\___/)