slightly o.t. chevy mailbu

I was having some service work done on my truck the other day, and wondered into the car showroom, to kill some time. I have been looking to buy a new car for my spouse, to replace her aged carmry. The
mailibu maxx, caught my eye. The price ,features and roominess were amazing. I am a big guy, and some cockpits dont exactly fit me too well. Well I wound up having to move the seat forward an inch or two, from its furthest point, and still had a whole lot of room, between me and the steering wheel. I took it for a test drive, and was surprised by its spirited acceleration, and handling, and to boot, most people seem according to edmunds.com to get almost thirty miles on the highway. The rear sears fold flat, as well as the front passenger seat, creating a huge amount of space. I asked my mechanic, what he thought of the malibu, and he had a high opinion of its 6 cylinder engine and drivetrain. For around 24,000 sticker price on a loaded top of the line, to about with rebates, on a fairly decent equipped one at under 20,000 it seems to be a very good bargain. Any opinions out there? There doesnt seem to be a chevy car newsgroup, so I thought perhaps I could ask here.
Much regards
j.lef wrote:

j.lef wrote:

Had the same impressions a year ago, when we bought a Maxx LT. In spite of the abundance of great features we regret the purchase very much.
The power steering groaned and moaned whenever there is the slightest turn of the steering wheel. The steering column was replacced twice. The problem was alleviated TEMPORARILY. Now, it's back to square one.
Also, the car has many rattles and squeaks after 5000 miles. Under the car, the cover for the front sunroof, the gas cap, the back of the rear seats, which fits very poorly to the rest of the seat, etc.
Going up the slightest incline, as when you enter the driveway of a shopping center causes groaning noises as well. And that would lead me to believe that the "frame" or body is not supported solidly.
After one year I can not recommend this car or any GM car similarly built.
You'll find many questions about defects on Edmund.com
Sorry and regars,
Hemapi