transmission slip

I have a 2005 astro with 40000 miles and the transmission slips into neutral after driving a couple miles. It feels like the clutch will not disengage. it is an automatic awd and wont go forward or reverse. If you
shut it off and restart it you can go for another few miles. any ideas? thanks
I am not familiar with those vehicles, but it sounds like the connection in the all wheel drive is dropping out, not tranny slipping.??? old john
With best regards, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net