Why Buy...

...a Colorado, when the Ranger is so good!
Jack

If you have to ask, you can not afford it.
--
please reply to bargerw NO @ SPAM bellsouth.net and remove the NOSPAM

"Jack" < snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
Bill wrote:

A Colorado? You must be kidding!
I hope you can come up with a more thoughtful answer than that.
Jack

Gee Jack, a week ago or so you were at the ford group with just about the same post. Seems to be a pattern here. Or are you conducting some kind of survey?

Why write about a Ranger - an obvious Ford product - on a Chevrolet board?

Roy wrote:
>> Why buy a Colorado, when the Ranger is so good!

Good catch, Roy. I see you frequent both groups as well. Do you have comparable in-depth experience with both the Ranger and the Colorado?
As far as I can tell, the Colorado is having its share of teething problems. The Ranger can at least claim to be a mature design -- maybe too mature. The F-150 and Sierra/Silverado are worth considering, but they are big and expensive, even though comfortable and capable beyond the level of the compacts.
If I still had my '81 Chevy short bed Cheyenne Stepside we wouldn't be having this discussion, but those days are long gone. I may need a few years experience with whatever my initial choice is to know the answers to the questions I have, but I would like that choice to be as close to the mark as possible.
Jack

Thank you. I'll play for a bit.

From time to time.

No, I've always had need of a full size truck.

I find that it is always better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Rent each for a week. Doing so will give you a better appreciation of the pro's and con's of each. A bit expensive but not over the long term.

Onstar.