won't start 89 blazer4.3 vortec

OK hers the prob I got a 89 blazer with the 4,3 vortec and I managed to get the TBI to put fuel out and I have goten spark . The prior owner has put a timing chain in it so I pulled the valve cover and turned the motar
and it seems to be in the right timing order--- The intake valve shuts just as the piston comes to top dead center-- So after all this I am s6till wondering why it wont start.. I have also unpluger the distributer and reset It and then pluged it back in .. I was told it would make a differance .. Please help me

You mean the motor has been apart just before it was sold and you've never seen it run since it's been back together? The intake valve can be closed at TDC as well the top of the exhaust stroke. You need to find TDC by aligining the groove on the balancer with the 0 degrees index on the timing chain cover with both valves being closed on number one. At this point you can then insure the distributor is properly indexed to the #1 position.
On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 21:52:31 -0500, "cryoman101"

Something is out of time because the intake fully closes well before TDC on the compression stroke. (somewhere between 100 and 120 BTDC) Sounds like cam is out of time if you are checking it correctly. This would definately keep it from starting and running. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
alright...i just rebuilt my 89....if u have a diagram u can see they made these things for retards to put back together....if the cam and crank are aligned correctly there should be two dots that match up one on top of the opther like this: top dot on the cam gear and bottom on the crank gear........have a nice day man....... SnoMan wrote:

I had a starting problem with my truck 4.3 vortec it was standing for some time and the injector was plugged
Ok well i took the front of the motar apart and it apears that the timing chain and the gears line up properly ( as diagram in chiltons).I i do need to adjust the distriburor a bit but i will have to do that tomorow.I was sick all day and had to stop ill put it back together and ill see what happenes Thanks for the advice.
On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 17:33:18 -0500, "cryoman101"

rotating the engine bacwards and 360 degrees out of sync with timing (720 degrees to a complete cycle). If you did it would make sence that you saw the intake valve just closing because when spun the other direction it would just be starting to open to draw mixuter in to compress it during the next 360 degrees of revolution. This would mean timing was exactly 360 degrees off (180 related to cam) and had no mixture to ignite so it would not even to begin to try to fire because it would be trying to "light" empty uncompressed cylinders. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com