2.5TL ABS Light On???

Any advice where to begin diagnosis? Thanks in advance, MZ

Add pictures here
âś–

Does it come on when you start the car, but before it has begun to move, or does it come on only after the vehicle has begun moving?
Also, what state/province do you live in, and what is your mileage?
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
First time tonight after driving for two minutes. When I got home I shut it down and started again, light still on. I'm in Nova Scotia. Car is pristine, 111k kms. About 2.5yrs (30k kms) since brake fluid changed. MZ

Add pictures here
âś–

I assume the light comes on for two seconds when you first turn the ignition to "II" (on), then goes off. When you turn the key to "III" (start) and the engine fires, the light comes back on again. Correct? Then there is an error code stored in the ABS control module.
You need to get the code read from the ABS computer. I don't know if the engine's ECM also stores these codes or not. You can call PartSource and see if they can read the ABS error codes for you. If not, you'll have to get them read at the dealer, who might charge as much as $95 for the diagnostics.
Does the ABS still work, or is it shut down? To check, find a quiet paved road somewhere that has a gravel shoulder. At about 30mph or so, run two wheels off onto the gravel, then brake moderately hard, with progressively more effort. At some point, the ABS should begin to growl. If it never does, it's shut down. I suspect it is shut down on account of the error.
You also don't give the year of your car. There are a number of TSBs regarding the ABS for the TL. Some are online, others are only available at the dealer. The presence of a TSB doesn't mean you'd get a free repair, but it may mean diagnosis might be easier.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
Thanks, it's a '98. The light does not go off. It comes on when the key is turned and stays on when started. I have a friend that works at a shop with a Snap-On OBDII reader - I plan to stop by. In the past I have often done "arm chair diagnosis" for others and suggested a bad ABS sensor at one of the wheels. Maybe it's my turn now. Are they hard to change? I seem to recall that the hub has to be changed? Thanks again, MZ

Add pictures here
âś–

Not correct behavior at all.

Lucky you. I hope he can read the error. Please let me know what he finds.

A bad wheel sensor assembly is usually indicated by an ABS light that comes on once the car begins to move. Unless there is unusual damage of some sort, I think the problem lies elsewhere.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–

I wasn't able to get over to the shop today, so I just removed the positive terminal on the battery and reset the ABS light. Then I went for a drive and engaged the ABS a couple of times. Then I drove about 50kms. All good so far. Weird.
MZ
Add pictures here
âś–

Less weird than you might think. Lots of errors are transient and to not recur. When the MIL ("Check Engine light") comes on with a new code, standard procedure is to clear the code and see if it comes back. Looks like the same holds for the ABS light!
By the way, next time remove the NEGATIVE cable, not the positive one. Less chance of a spark or short that way.
Finally, disconnecting the battery is not an ideal way of clearing error codes. Now your engine controls all need to reset (can take days), and your engine and transmission need to do their "relearn" procedures all over again. Plus you may need to have your radio code handy. It's better to use the correct code reader to clear the code.