RSX S Transmission Problems

As the owner of an 01 Prelude I have been considering replacing it with the RSX S. Does anyone know if the synchro problems with the 6 speed have been
fixed on the 05s. Any other problems? To date -- through 57k miles the Prelude has been bulletproof.

The RSX is ugly compared to the Prelude.(or last-model Integra) Looks like it was inflated like a balloon.High and narrow.
And I suspect the Prelude handles better. I wish Honda had not stopped making the Prelude.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Love the Prelude -- but what is the alternative. I may just keep it anyway. The next gen Prelude should have had a 6 speed and perhaps 220 hp with the same basic design -- then you would have had something.

I guess the Prelude was getting to look too much like the Accord. At least my 90 Prelude was close to the Accord.I would have bought another Peelude instead of the Integra if Honda had not come out with that ugly Prelude,the one before the last model.
Instead of a 6 speed,I'd rather have limited slip transmission. Of course,I believe the RSX has both.
Hey,you could put an RSX-S motor/transaxle in your Prelude,and have your 6- speed,limited slip,and a potentially more powerful motor.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

RSX-S does not have LSD.
It does have transmission problems in 2nd/3rd though :)

another
So, Honda has not yet solved the problem with the 05.
Does TSX have the same transmission? -----
-RL

I thought it had been solved.
There is a service buliten for the 03-04 models, so i would assume the problem has been resolved for 05: http://rsx.clubrsx.com/bulletins/transmission/synchronizerbulletin.pdf

SUPER TURBO CHARGER Super Gas Saver is the gas-saving device that was launched in the 2003 in response to the crippling oil crisis that paralyzed the country as well as the whole industrial world. Leading car manufacturers and government agencies that have tested the device have verified the effectiveness and unparalleled performance of Super Gas Saver. The tests showed that Super Gas Saver is capable of saving up to 50% in gasoline consumption regardless of whether the car is brand-new or not. Aside from this, it was verified that Super Gas Saver can bring a vehicles toxic gas emissions down to zero. Not even a car fresh out of the showroom can perform as effectively. Super Gas Saver can be installed in minutes. It has no moving parts to wear out nor does it require chemicals or additives that need replenishing. Designed along the principle of air-to fuel ratio efficiency, simple design earned the Presidential Award for Best Invention in 2003.
For further questions about this product please email me at snipped-for-privacy@jislaaik.com