Water Leakage in 1992 Integra

All

I have noticed I have water leaking at three places. Two are at both sides of my trunk area. I think rain gets in at the tail light housing gasket and I think I can fix this with new gaskets.

Where can I get them and is there any other solution to this problem of water getting into my trunk?

The other area I find water leakage is after a rain, when the car sat in it. I start up the car and the very first time I pull out, water leaks out from under the dash area onto the passenger side floor (and onto my wife's feet). I've looked underneath with a flashlight to try to repeat the problem and there is a roundish plastic thing that seems to be collecting the water. It holds it there until the car moves and then the water falls. Some times it's a fairly large amount. I'm thinking the windshield is leaking but it seems it my have more to do with air conditioning. Isn't there something under there on that side that could be the culprit of the leakage?

Reply to
ZaveyZipper

ZaveyZipper wrote in news:- ZCdnV9GR4EB8bXVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

You can only get these gaskets at the dealer. Luckily they are fairly inexpensive.

What you have is one of two problems:

1) split rubber boots that seal the interior air intake cover, and/or 2) severe rust in the cowl, a very bad place to have rust.

Next time you see the wet floor after a rain, reach up behind the big white round thing, as far up as you can reach between the round thing and the firewall. Eventually you will touch a horizontal flat metal panel. Is it wet up there? If it's DRY, the problem is split boots. If it's WET, you have bad rust.

Reply to
Tegger

Does your car have a sun roof? Your sunroof drain plugs could be clogged causeing water to spill into your trunk.clean them out and and it should fix your trunk leaking problem.As for the frt your cowl piece is probably jus deteriateing causeing it to leak into the frt pass floor board. Replace that and you should be good

Reply to
Backwoodz Tuner

Backwoodz Tuner wrote in news:e4df6a20-4719-496f-b74f- snipped-for-privacy@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

OP has stated there is water at BOTH sides of the trunk. It is highly unlikely that both rear sunroof drains would be leaking at the same time.

The plastic cover does not "deteriorate". Its vinyl seals do.

The cover is clipped to the cowl and windshield pinchweld with plastic fasteners. Several of those fasteners are directly over the interior blower air intake and can admit water into the blower housing through their holes. To prevent water leakage, these clips are sealed with clear vinyl sealing boots, which eventually dry out and split. Once they split, water is free to drip from the windshield pinchweld directly into the heater blower intake. It costs about $150 in parts to fix this properly.

The clue to whether the leak is from a rusted cowl or the vinyl boots is the condition of the upper end of the blower housing where it meets the cowl, hence my instruction to the OP regarding wetness in that area.

Reply to
Tegger

Is there a resource that shows where these drainage plugs are? I can't find them.

Tegger wrote:

Reply to
ZaveyZipper

ZaveyZipper wrote in news:0vednSvbjMzTr7fVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

There are no "drainage plugs".

You have two rear drain tubes from the sunroof to immediately behind the rear wheel wells. The radio antenna drains in the same place, but only on the left. All of these are open and never plugged unless the car has been involved in a collision that has badly damaged the rear quarters.

But this is NOT your problem. Read my posts carefully.

Reply to
Tegger

Well I did read Zspwmy post and he does ask about water leakage in th e trunk. I never said both drain plugs are plugged but all it takes is one to have water prolem in the trunk area. I was jus pointing that out. Here in the Nw where it rains a lot that problem is pretty common especially in the late 80's early 90's hondas and acuras. To access them you need to remove your rear trunk plastic and remove the back half of the rear side panel plastics. Drop your rear seats forward so you can pull the rear plastics out enough to gain access to the drain plugs. And yes they do plug up causing the tubes to pop out of there drain rubbers. I'm jus pointing this problem out cause I've personnally came across the problem more than once .

Reply to
Backwoodz Tuner

geez old man its a 92 bring it to the scrap yard

Reply to
Devils Advocate