1997 Audi A4 1.8tq auto....lost odometer, but I got it back

Driving yesterday I stopped for gas. While attempting to reset the trip meter I noticed that my odometer was totally dark. I shut off the ignition
and turned it back on but it was still dark. DOOM has set upon it! I was not happy and thought I needed another display/speedo cluster. Ebay was going to be my friend again! lol
Searched the internet and saw a post about an A6 with the same issue and it was only a bulb. Opened up the Bentley and sure enough they show a bulb for my A4's odometer. It was easier to change than the spark plugs!
Now my In 01 is blinking! Time for the oil change or maybe when I unplugged the instruments it reset. I thought that this was in the ECM/ECU though! <g>
Just sharing my story!
--
later,
(One out of many daves)