Audi A4 1997

Suddenly, I am having a problem with my A4. I took it to the dealer to have my oil changed. I was told later that I needed a new transmission. After I drove my car home, I later noticed that my car would not move in reverse. Everything else works fine, but the car will just not move in reverse. I have never had any transmission problems -- what could cause this, do I need to start looking for a new transmission? Help!

Reply to
MrD

no, an attorney..............take them to the courts.

Reply to
Yes Baby

That should be your LAST resort, not your first.

Reverse problems could be caused by a failing or failed clutch, but you don't mention whether this is a manual or automatic.

Do you find oil leaks on the ground after the car has sat for a while?

I'd phone the dealer and see what they say.

Reply to
G-man uk

yes, wait a few more months and then get an attorney involved.

op states it was OK before the oil change or cant you read.

Reply to
Yes Baby

Who are you directing that "cant you read" comment at ?

Reply to
G-man uk

yes, sorry, how would YOU know.

Reply to
Yes Baby

I won't, at least until you reveal who your comment was directed at.

Reply to
G-man uk

What was their rationale for your needing a new transmission? Did you have any issues with it prior to bringing it in for the oil change? Is it an automatic or manual?

Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58