AUDI 1997 A4 - STALLING WHILE IDLING

I have this problem only in the winter when the weather is cold. My 1997 A4 Quattro stalls only when I come to a stop or press the clutch.

I fixed this problem before at the dealer, but it is back.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how much it would cost?

Thanks.

Reply to
car-car

Did the engine check light come on? Might be the Throttle Body needs cleaning out. If you clean it about $6 for the TB cleaner.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

No, the engine light does not come on.

Any other suggestions??

Reply to
car-car

what did you check? what have you done lately to the vehicle? engine service maybe?

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

I?m having the exact same stalling problem. Have you figured out the cause?

Thanks.

"car-car" wrote: > I have this problem only in the winter when the weather is > cold. My 1997 A4 > Quattro stalls only when I come to a stop or press the clutch. > > I fixed this problem before at the dealer, but it is back. > > Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how much it would > cost? > > Thanks.

Reply to
mike-ct

Clean the throttle body

Reply to
Alec

No clean the battery cable that goes to the computer.

Reply to
Dick Harder