2005 S4 Cabriolet Newbie

Hi folks
This week, I hope to become an Audi Newbie. My new car is supposed to come in Tuesday!! What a sweet thing - replacing a '91 M5 and an '84 Alfa
Spider!!
I saw a thread about "how much off MSRP" I should expect to pay for a 2004 S4 and gather there is no consensus out there - well here is my experience - I was able to locate a 2004 S4 Cab (MT6) with 75 miles on the odo for ~ 4% off MSRP. My 2005 S4 Cab MT6 is at MSRP - no budging. Does this sound right?
The two cars seem to be identical in terms of performance / interior (have not seen my 2005 yet) etc. - the 2005 is Dolphin Grey (preferred) whereas the 2004 is white. Both have the Ebony interior and are well equipped ('05 has carbon fiber trim).
Net net, the '05 will be ~$3K more - seems worth it for color / newer model etc.. Thoughts?
Any feedback before I make the big plunge is greatly appreciated - please cc snipped-for-privacy@ge.com on your reply.
Ramzi in Connecticut
Ramzi Nassar wrote:

The S4 has no changes to 2005 model, but I would take the 2005 anyway, here's why: if you pay for such car, you definately want it to be a color which you like. Also, it's easier to sell a grey car afterwards, and you will get better price for it (as you see, nobody buys the white one), and 2005 model will sound always better compared to 2004, even if they have no difference.
So I'd say you can get that $3000 back when you sell the car, and color makes difference, even if you drive it ;)
- Yak
Ramzi Nassar wrote:

The S4 has no changes to 2005 model, but I would take the 2005 anyway, here's why: if you pay for such car, you definately want it to be a color which you like. Also, it's easier to sell a grey car afterwards, and you will get better price for it (as you see, nobody buys the white one), and 2005 model will sound always better compared to 2004, even if they have no difference.
So I'd say you can get that $3000 back when you sell the car, and color makes difference, even if you drive it ;)
- Yak

You have to wonder what the nitwits in marketing were thinking in even offering an S4 cab in white...ugh...
I picked up the '05 S4 Cab this AM - Dolphin Gray - what a car!! 150 miles on the odo already and we had the right day for it. Car came with Dunlop SP Sport 01 vs. the Conti 2's that the '04 had!
Thanks Ramzi

come
2004
experience -