A6 warning light?

hi all. can anyone tell me what the light is for on the centre of the dashboard its the light in the middle and there is the low fuel warning
light to the right of it. the warning light looks like (O) in orange or a yellow colour. the reason i am asking is that i was stuck in traffic for 2 hours i traveled 0.5 miles in this time and my light came. its gone off now but any advice would be very appreicated a6 2.5 v6 1999 thank you for any replies regards stef

traveled
Low brake pad warning lamp or fault in the system.
Richard

Maybe overheating brakes, if its an automatic transmission. In these situations you steady the car while the car is in "D", and release the brakes abit to move three meters, after you apply the brakes again. And often you dont ease the foot off of the brakes that much, so the pads are still applying pressure to the discs - and eventually leads to overheating - cause they never get a chance to cool off.
...just an idea - worth about $0.25, i guess ;o)
--
Gio

cheers gio my a6 is manual but i will get the brakes checked out thank you