Artificially high speedo reading on new Audis??

Page 2 of 2

As with any pilots my helmet is equipped with a HUD... ;-)
--
snipped-for-privacy@dod.no
OK Oldun, maybe we're just a little too defensive here. I was just asking you a fricking question. The first thing I wrote in that message was "That makes sense...." Geez, relax.

All is forgiven, I did not intend to offend anyone just trying to make a point.
Oldun
At the risk of myself now being accused of being too defensive, I didn't do anything that needed to be forgiven. I wasn't messing with you; it was a serious question about whether the speed board are purposely calibrated to be inaccurate.

I don't think those speed board's are particularly accurate. I was once clocked at 20 mph by one near my parents house - and I was walking! I mean, I'm a fast walker but not THAT fast.....
My $.02 on this issue is that since the regulations generally state that a speedo cannot read LOW, the manufacturers tend to calibrate them to read higher so they don't read low.
Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

My allroad's speedo reads 75mph at 70 and 32 at 30 (as calibrated by GPS).
Tony

My 1.8T quattro reads 75mph at 70mph as well :)
Those new signs in the UK that say slow down are set below 30mph but I think they are more of a "speed Aware" device than speed cameras are, I would prefer to see more of them on the road, people actually make a conscious effort to slow down then.

My TT reads accurately, but starts to drift over about 115mph. At 155mph indicated, the GPS (accuracy of 1mph) read just over 147mph.
Pretty much on the money.
A stopwatch gives the same results (but at a lower speed - in the UK 100mph = bye bye license)
--

Hairy One Kenobi