WTH ?? Speedo reading 'Slower'...??

....than the actual speed traveling ??

Just got this 89 LX 5.0 Vert couple days ago...

I did the Odometer/milemarker thing and it seems to be reading ~5% lower. Such as; 1-Mile Marker = 9.5/10 mile on the Odometer.

I don't know what gears it has (yet), and don't know what it originally came with (door sticker gone). It's got 225/60-15s.

Ideas ??

ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert 64 Falcon HT Hot Rod Project

Check out the Ford Engine Heaven!

Katmandu

Roger that Carl.

I jacked it up and the Tag read 2L73...... I also did the tire/driveshaft method. It does equate to a 2.73 rear gear.

I was told when I bought it that it had a rebuilt T-5 in it as well.

Could the gearing in the Rebuilt T-5 be screwing up my Speedometer ??

Where can I find a listing of the gear ratios for T-5s ??

ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert 64 Falcon HT Hot Rod Project

Check out the Ford Engine Heaven!

Katmandu

ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert 64 Falcon HT Hot Rod Project

Check out the Ford Engine Heaven!

tire/driveshaft

Reply to
Katmandu

Its either got smaller gears, or its got bigger tires. Those two things will throw it off. Gagan

Reply to
Gagan (mwarrior)

What size tires can OEM on 89 5.0s w/10 hole rims ??

Reply to
Katmandu