Audi A8 Timing Belt...should I...or should I not?

Hi guys.
I have 1997 Audi A8, buoght it used and never have had any problems. Now it has 100,000 miles. Is it time to change a timing belt or can I
just keep driving? Thanks for all your help and time.
Jan

Has the belt ever been changed? Previous owner change?
To avoid severe damage to your engine, I would replace it asap.
My RS6 is in the shop today (since yesterday) getting the belt changed, new plugs, filters, oil change, allignment, all paid for under warranty.
Dave

Wish I had a warranty like that!

They've had it for two days and it still isn't finished. I pick it up on Monday. They gave me an 07 A4 2.0T loaner. Nice little car, but I want my machine back! d;o(
Dave

As per previous post, if you don't know when the cam belt was last done, then get it changed, if it goes its big money. I normally change them either 5 years or quite a few k before the stated mileage
--
Jon B
Above email address IS valid.

Just keep driving. I want to hear how much it REALLY costs to rebuild one of those things ... -- C.R. Krieger (pulling up a chair to see ...)