When should I change the timing belt ...

Just bought a 2005 Vibe. Wanted the Matrix, but the local dealer (on the other end of the road where I bought the Vibe) was not too flexible on
the price ... and my old Toyota just bit the dust so I needed something. I do like the styling on the Vibe better
Anyway, when should I think about changing the timing belt on the Vibe, 60,000 miles ?
The manual is kind of vague on that.
Thanx
John
On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 21:43:27 -0400, John Karpich wrote:

I will GLADLY change your timing belt for you, whenever you want, for only $100 EACH TIME! No problem!
(Um, I believe this engine has a chain...that's why the menual is vague...)
Thank you for your help, I'll call you when I get 60,000 miles in it
On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 20:02:06 -0700, rocket9005 wrote:

;)
John Karpich Wrote:

Chain driven.. basically it breaks you change it. As for getting a Vibe over a Matrix.. they're both SUV's :D jk! The Vibe is sold everywhere else as a Toyota Voltz, so you can always JDM-ize your ride and rebadge it to Toyota Voltz. :D
[image:
http://catalogue.carview.co.jp/Merismus/Gallery/c15643a.jpg ]
--
REN69
On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 08:16:56 -0400, REN69 wrote:

I'd say more of a station wagon that's available with AWD (finally...). Park one next to a plain old Corolla (the actual model name is Corolla Matrix...)
"John Karpich" wrote:

on
Not sure if the cams are driven by chain or belt in that model but the last belt I changed on a toyota I got 190K miles out of it and it still had not failed and I see no reason at all for a 60K change.
John Karpich wrote:

Thanks everybody for your help. Now I know why the manual was vague. I've had to change one on one car, had one break on another ... just wanted to know what I was in for.
Thanx again
John