Buying new A4,330i, G35, CTS, C320

that's not the argument, Stevie & his boyfriend said that AWD are better performers than RWD, and I was showing them that they all have there +'s and -'s, Byron I totally agree with all you posted, their point was that an AWD is a better performer than a RWD, and I disagreed with them. any car can made to handle well, or like a pillow, depending on what the designers are looking for.

.... are you this sad that you can't compare 04 models. This is sad Stevie it's 04 not 99-00 so come better, no you piss off.

no Audi in this or last years top10 so come better, oh you can't.I'm looking at my copy of the January 2004 Car & Driver right now. The new Audi S4 is on the 2004 list. Look here. The A4 made it in 2002. The A6 and TT made it in 2001 The A6 and TT made it in 2000 The A4 made it in 1998

Tha Ghee wrote on 3/20/04:

any Engineer will tell you that it is impossible to have agile handling and AWD at the same time.I'm a mechanical engineer (BSME, most of a MSME). It is possible to have agile handling and AWD at the same time. My car, an all wheel drive Subaru WRX wagon, made the C&D 10 best list in 2002 and 2003. I know it is very agile. The all wheel drive WRX STi is Road & Track's reader's choice car for 2004 (MSRP under US$100,000.) That car beat out the rear wheel drive Porsche GT3, BMW 5-series, Mazda RX-8, and Nissan 350Z, among others. While you may not like them, those cars aren't exactly known as floaty boats in the handling department.

All wheel drive vehicles can have very agile handling if that is what they are designed for. A 6000lb Ford Excursion SUV is not. A Subaru Outback is not. My WRX and some quattro Audi's are. An A6 2.8q is tuned more for comfort, while the 2.7T and 4.2 version are more agile. Same thing with the A4 line - cars without a sport package are made more for comfort than agility. That does not make it impossible to create an all wheel drive version that is tuned for agility. Look at the S4 or A4 S-line.

Car & Driver says the all wheel drive VW Golf R32 is a ready-made autocrosser right from the factory. It's not as fast in a straight line as, say, a STi is, but its handling is superb. It has the same drivetrain as the 3.2 TT quattro (but a different transmission in the US). A quote from the May 2004 issue: "recovery in quick transitions is instantaneous, the car changes direction like a mongoose sorting through a box of cobras" That sounds pretty agile to me. All wheel drive, when tuned for that purpose, can allow the driver get back on the power earlier in a curve than either front or wheel wheel drive can. All wheel drive cars are a bit heavier than equivalent two wheel drive versions - so they are incrementally slower in a straight line. And there can be a bit more friction in the powertrain. But neither of those things necessarily prevents a car from having agile handling. Extra weight is a detriment, but we're not talking about a thousand pound difference (the R32 is ~300lb heavier than a GTI VR6).

You can make a rear wheel drive car handle very well. You can make an all wheel drive car handle very well. Audi, Porsche, Subaru, Mitsubishi, and others have proven it's possible. I firmly believe if a car (of any drivetrain layout) doesn't handle well, or isn't agile, it's a matter of the engineers and accountants saying "no" rather than "can't".

Reply to
Tha Ghee

this. You just need the capacity for logic, a mild understanding of weight

RX-8, and Nissan 350Z, among others.

interested in reading Sports Car magazines (April 04' issue I think) comparo between the Lancer Evolution RS (the lightweight version) Corvette Z06 and Carrera GT3. The GT3 won outright in terms of track dynamics and overall ability but it obviously losses to the Lancer when it comes to bang for the buck. I'm a little sad that Porsche won't be offering the Carrera GT3 RS here in North America though.

Rally cars and that Touring and Rally are the same thing. He also cites F1 as his

acomparison test in conjunction with one another of the R32, Lancer EVO and WRX STi. The R32 lagged in 0-60 tests but it was compareable on the track with better control and dynamics. They agreed that VW's tire choice for the R32 was poor, and that a tire upgrade would put it easily ahead of the Japanese cars

No I've seen it, and all the urls I've posted you have glossed passed. Stevie I won my own vehicle do you still try to pimp out your parents ride?? I have plenty of driving experience doing for over 10 yrs. now. Not at all, my point is that, you only cite, rallying and rallying derived cars, the GTR was not rallying inspired, it's just that Rhys, took it up the hill and Gran Tur made it a hit, I know the difference last time I check the FWD Stratus does well. I never said it was better, I said that it had a great history, Stevie why is it that you can't prove your point so you start making up stories, just goggle it, there's the proof, or are you scared to do that??

one day Stevie you may get off your knees, and read then react no the other way around.

Reply to
Tha Ghee

Steve what the hel are you tlaking about, me being the minority , it's you and Michelle, I guess that is two vs one, which I think your used to.

Reply to
Tha Ghee

So that's why you continued to claim that the S4 hadn't made C&D's 2004 10Best list after I provided the URL?

I'll Paypal you $100 if you can show proof that you ever provided a link to this discussion.

Dare I ask in what kind of contest? And is a car really that useful to a 13 year old?

No, I cashed out $22,000 in stock and bought myself a car.

What? You claimed very recently that Touring and Rallye are the same thing. In addition; the Skyline, 3000GT, Eclipse GSX, 911 Turbo, S4/RS4 and S6/RS6 were all on my list, NONE of which are rally derived.

You're offically the village idiot.

This certainly isn't what you were saying before. Maybe if you backpeddle a little harder no one will remember what was really said before.

The king of liars goes out on a limb, and lies about me fabricating stories and being unable to prove my point. What a surprise.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

Yes it is, and anyone who's read your older posts knows so. You're a terrible liar, seek help.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

Spew, spew and spew. You're running out of bullshit.

Which 2 are the same company?

But it's the most recent with both an M3 and an S4 and it's less than a year old. It's also the comparo where you claimed that that the S4 won simply for being easier to drive, which obviously isn't the case. You lied about this article through dozens of posts, and now you're trying to weazel your way clear because I've nailed you.

Yea, it was. And according to you, the M3 is the pinnacle of performance in a car of it;s size and type. And the S4 trounced it.

The Environmental Protection Agency says that the M3 and S4 are compact? Please link to that effect. And also realize that in the context of the C&D compare, they were "middleweights".

Reply to
Steve Grauman

Fine verbal skills have always been your best weapon Ghee, how dare I argue with THIS? LOL

I like making agreements. At least I think I do....what does that mean again?

Reply to
Steve Grauman

It appears you can't understand what's written. Try to read the posts before you make yourself a monkey. You don't appear to be anything else than a teenager who's daddy has a RWD and that's why it's the best.

- Yak

Reply to
Michael Burman

I agree. It seems that he has reading comprehension problems or is somehow mentally impared, and I'd be willing to believe both.

I agree again. I get the feeling that we're dealing with a 13 year old who's perceptions are skewed accordingly and who is carrying on simply to get a rise out of us. It's apparent that he's not only lied numerous times, but that he continually ignores facts and neglects to read what's written. He's also gone into severe fits of backpeddling. As you've probably noticed, he's made several claims about the S4, including that it wasn't on C&D's 10 Best list in 2004 even though it's been pointed out to him by myself and at least one other that this isn't the case, and he's been provided with the appropriate URL at least 3 times. He made false claims about the comparo where the S4 beat out the M3, and when I posted the URL for the article so that all can see he'd made things up, he attempted to defend himself by largly ignoring what I'd written and making up even more lies about what had gone on. He's said that Touring and Rally are essentially the same thing, and claimed that F1, which is RWD only by regulation, is more relevant to the discussion than Touring, where RWD, FWD and AWD cars compete with each other so there's actually a point of reference. He's based this claim on ratings/popularity although with the waning popularity of open-wheeled racing classes such as IRL and Cart and the relative unpopularity of F1, his position is illogical at best.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

And yet you folks keep trying to communicate with the Village Idiot...

Reply to
daytripper

Hey, I never claimed any kind of superiority. I'll admit fully that I was stupid for getting drawn into "debate" with Ghee in the first place. But I'm in neck deep now, and I may as well play it out.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

It's a bit like drunk driving. That's why I usually reply to him drunk ;)

- Yak

Reply to
Michael Burman

Do you realize he has to save every penny of his paper boy tips for an entire week to pay for the internet cafe minutes to entertain you here??

You guys are so cruel.

/daytripper ;-) '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

And I'm disappointed when he doesn't post - I need my comedy in the morning.

Arguing with him is like mud-wrestling a pig. You get dirty, and the pig enjoys it.

Reply to
Jonesy

Hey, Net Zero has dialup now for $9.99 a month. Maybe he's anxious to prove what a moron, a modem and a pre-Pentium PC can do togethor.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

Mike didn't spend so much time on here and picked up a car mag. you would know this too, and the discussion would be over.

can go and drive one? I don't need magazines to form my own opinion, you know, with a driving license, you can also drive a car.

the variety that Univ. have, but you know that don't you. no you don't.

I glad you can drive your parents car. You are a fool if think there is a difference between a college and university. This is why you've made dumbass comment over and over again, with statements like that. no a there equivalent. I'm sorry you don't realize when in Rome do as the Romans. where on the English system not metric.

Reply to
Tha Ghee

[...]

isn't exactly pulling major viewership. You're far to attached to viewership;

Besides, you ignored all the wins in other race series I listed. They are all

a racing fan, are you?

that they've negelected the oppurtunity to compete in other arenas. Their racing record is a sad one compared to Audi/Porsche. You know they weren't at LeMans for years because of Porsche, right?

You're talking about a manufacturer who's cheapest product pushes $100,000 and exports fewer than 1,500 cars a year. F1 does little or nothing to help their sales.

"major" point of yours, while post after post you blatantly ignore my major points and then LIE to cover your ass. You're a serious loser.

You said that LeMans is better than F1, I was just showing the errors in your ways. F1 is still the most watched motorsport outside the US. I didn't ignore them but a lot of those wins were with RWD not AWD so that goes against you. No if you READ is I said it does nothing for sales but prestige. You have yet to hit any of points if you talked about anything past the Audi group you may, but the only cars outside of that company I've brought up, I don't need to lie I'm owning you son, step up your game and give me a real debate.

Reply to
Tha Ghee