HOW2 replace front axles on '90 Turbo 200

I decided to not replace the CV joint boots since I couldn't find the slipover type except from England and by the time I got 'em here they'd cost nearly as much as the entire axle/joint assembly, not to mention the
time delay. Plus many have been dissatisfied with this repair.
Also, the car has 1/3 million miles and still runs great.
Anyway, having not done an axle/CVjoint replacement before... any & all recommendations, caveats, and procedural information is gratefully accepted.
Anyone know an online description of this procedure ?
Appreciatively,
Courtney
Go to the T44 AudiWorld forum and search. http://forums.audiworld.com/v8 /
A tool that is needed is called a Tri-square. Looks like an Allen but isn't. Available at your local parts store in sets of 6 to 10 mm.