Re: A4 door trim at bottom

Just replaced drivers side, old one rusted away.

> >Audi parts chap says " these new ones are all plastic" hence NO rusting. > >Got it home, felt little heavy for just plastic.......put magnet onto it and >click/stick it did. > >Hmmmmm........they still have the steel, strengthening core identical to old >ones.

Damn. That is the crappiest design, and now I've gotta replace another one of those door molds, $85 at the dealer, so I'm looking around for alternative pricing/sources. Shokan didn't have any in stock, who else might? They did have the center wheel caps for my

7-spoke wheels on my '98 A4 2.8, 3 of which I also had to replace (talk about ANOTHER crappy design!). Good place: 800-255-2834.
Reply to
xymergy

they are £17 ($27) each in the UK

so for a change its NOT rip off Britain