Remote Start/immobilizer Problem

Hello All, I have an audi A6 and after purchasing it about 2 years ago I had an aftermarket remote starter (Viper 160 XV) and Immobilizer (Directed 556UW) installed. It worked great for the first year, then after the
summer was over the following year it just stopped working. I took it back to the place that installed it and they replaced the Immobilizer, it worked again for another year then after the following summer it stopped working. I then took it to a new place who replaced the signal wire that goes from the Immobilizer to the key socket. Again this worked but only for about 2 months in the winter and then stopped. Now I am very frustrated and dont know what is going on. I have taken a look at it and it is a wiring nightmare, electrical tape all over the place. Is there anything I should be looking for, maybe a wire hooked up wrong that is damaging the immobilizer?
Thanks All Aaron