Safe to drive with a leaking water pump?

My 93 Audi 100 has coolant leaking from behind the belt cover area so I can only assume it is the water pump. Is it safe to drive it like this until I
have the money to have it fixed, or do I risk breaking the timing belt? Thanks
Best regards, snipped-for-privacy@balcanicsoft.com snipped-for-privacy@bankarea.com http://www.bankarea.com

You could cook the motor it gets worse, don't drive it till you can get it fixed, thats the best advice,
Steve.
Steve68s wrote:

the failed like flushing a toilet. Very awkward at the wrong time - traffic.
I don't think there's any risk beyond it getting suddenly worse. Be sure to carry around plenty of coolant and check it daily.
If your car will run with the radiator cap loosened that may slow or stop the leak.

Radiator cap? This is an Audi. The leak of a waterpump will definitly worsen and you'll lose all the fluid at once. If so your head will overheat a.s.o.
Take the right advice and get it fixed.
Ronald