VAg-Com code 01203

After getting a few random top red priority brake warnings - for the first couple of times just only the trip computer and the beep would go on, now
it's also the yellow ABS light, I plugged my '98 A4 1.8T Quattro AEB to the Vag Com and I got to read the following code:
Code 01203 Connection between ABS and Instrument Panel 03/10 - Fail - Intermitent
Does anyone know which exact connection or fault this is all about?
The funny thing is the warnings came on without even touching the brake pedal at all, and in a totally random fashion.
I've cleaned the ABS sensors but haven't yet tested the car on a long journey, so do you think this could be it?
Thanks in advance,
JP Roberts

google comes up with this :
http://tech.bentleypublishers.com/thread.jspa?threadID409&start=0&tstart=0
which will keep you busy for a while ;-)
Rgds Alec
Thanks for the info.

Tested the car after cleaning the ABS sensors and clearing the code, but the warning has come up again, so if your link is right, I just curse Audi for now I'll have to replace a faulty ABS unit. How many more bad things will I have to pay for just to keep this car running fine one more year? Unless there is a "silent warranty" on this one, I'm not buying Audi ever again.
There's only one thing worse than a lemon, and that's a "retarded" lemon. Now I just wonder if the rest of apples and oranges in the basket are any better or they will go lemon as well.

JP Roberts wrote:

A blessing for all of us.
Thank goodness you are getting out in time.
E.P.
I just feel sorry for you.

JP Roberts wrote:

The feeling is mutual.