Woohoo!

Finally got the boss to sign off on the A3!
Thanks again to those that contributed to my colour questions, in the end I've gone for an Ebony Black SE 2.0TDI with over 2K of options.
After a lifetime of "run-of-the-mill" cars such as Peugeots, Rovers and Fords, finally I'm moving up the ladder a bit. Here's hoping this is the start of a long period of Audi ownership :))
--
Toby

Congratulations, and celebrations, etc. An excellent choice indeed, sir!!

Well I'm about to do the same. Started off with a string of old Escorts, then a Mk2 Astra van, then a few Carlton Estates, currently a Carlton Estate plus a Fiesta van (for work), now replacing both with an absolutely mint A6 Avant 2.5TDI-140. A couple of weekends back I did a 450 mile round trip looking at 3 A6s, two of which were very tatty on the outside (though one was very clean on the inside), and one was pretty good on the outside, with only a few scuffs, but a filthy interior (kiddies) which to be fair would have valeted out ok. Was considering buying that one (ironically the nearest one by a long way), but really wanted an absolute minter, with cruise control as well. Set up some alerts on Friday-ad, loot, carsource and fish4cars, and kept an eye on Autotrader, and one day I got an alert through from friday-ad, went and looked at it, and it was absolutely immaculate inside and out, bar one very light scratch on the rear wing (and that's one in isolation) which would quite easily polish out. And it was in quite possibly my favourite colour (metallic dark green), so I bought it straight away. Hopefully the buck stops here with things going wrong with cars!!
Peter