Finally got round to modding the Scooby..

After thinking about getting rid of it for a diseasel boremobile thought f*ck it why not..

Removed all Three cats and replaced with 1 Prodrive sports cat (From STi PPP) and two decat pipes. Already has deresonated centre pipe & panel filter fitted.

This has already made a hell of a difference in spool up and acceleration!

Next steps are uprated fuel pump, intercooler hose kit and Remap.

Advised that this will be good for 270-280BHP (and a sub 5.0 to 60) on standard TD04 turbo :-)

I'm quite pleased with this considering the cost will be less than a grand..

Reply to
Me

On big bikes with a T4 (TO4e Rayjay) sized turbo we street/drag bike idiots were all getting 280 to 450 bhp depending mostly on boost level.

So theres plenty left yet to go much more on same sized turbo!

And did you consider also Nitrous?

Reply to
Burgerman

A Mitsubishi TD04 isn't the same as a Garrett T4, IIRC it's similar in size to a Garrett T28.

Reply to
Homer

By who... the people trying to sell it to you by any chance?

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Probably, but he won't see 60 in under 5 seconds unless he *really* doesn't like the car :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Almost true of everything though...

Reply to
DervMan

You're right there, dont think that many Impreza drivers get those figures in reality, I've only ever launched on full boost twice - the smell of cooked clutch sort of puts you off doing it again :-)

These mods are deffo good for up to 280BHP, any more and you need to replace the turbo & injectors which is pretty costly.

Reply to
Me

Shame...

Reply to