2000 316i SE compact X reg

Hi
I am thinking of buying a 2000 316i SE compact and would like to know if there are any known issues with the model and anything I should look for
when inspecting the car / test driving it.
I have found a few on autotrader that look really good, pretty low mileage, and all the options I want, between 6500 and 7500.
Are there likely to be any ridiculous costs once I start driving the car regularly etc?
I am currently driving a 2002 Mini Cooper for costs reference (tyres, servicing, economy etc).
UK model BTW.
Ta
--

Rich (change nospam to mlu035 to reply direct)