525i Touring Sunroofs Suck

Like a moron I opened my sunroof on my 1992 525i Touring and of course it wouldn't close. Now it make all kinds of exciting sounds and the front sunroof section must have come off the tracks since you can easily lift up
the back end. Apparently it was "fixed" before at the dealership for similar problems.
I am dropping it off at the dealership and asking them just to close the damn permantely...not to fix it. Any ideas if that is possible or how much I will have to spend? Why would BMW make such crappy sunroofs?
Scott wrote:

It depends. If it's just the motor drive that is TU, then you can use the hand crank to close it and then unplug the motor so it doesn't happen again. But if it really is ooff the tracks you'll have to fix that or it will never close, even manually
--
-Fred W