99 328i 4Dr Windows all open by themselves!!

This problem has been persisting on and off ever since i got the car. Basically i will lock my car and walk away. When i return all the windows and the sunroof are open. I am NOT holding down the unlock
button which can open the windows as described. It seems to be some signal interference or such. Any ideas? this is a really bad problem as it leaves my vehicle open in bad weather and my belongings free to take... so frustrating.
Thanks in advance!
Well you know this "feature" is available, like you said, by holding in the unlock button or the remote. So, I would try to find a service manual and see what circuit is activated when you hold that button down and check it for grounds, shorts, etc.
snipped-for-privacy@sdc.ca wrote:

Thanks I'll give this a shot. Though it sounds a little over my head.

It may be just a faulty loom but try to look where you are when this happens. Are you close to Radio masts, RADAR installations, electrical welding etc. Large sources of RF energy are known to fool alarms.

It seems to happen in random spots. I've opten wondered if there was a garage door opener wedged under the car somewhere :D
On 14 Mar 2007 14:33:05 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@sdc.ca wrote:

I'm sure you're not *deliberately* holding down the unlock button on the key, but are you usually close by the car, and is the key in your pocket when this happens? Are you one of those people who carries a one-pound ball of keys around on a big ring? Try stashing the key(s) in a different pocket, or somewhere else...
--
Dan.

LOL too funny but no i only have two keys on my keyring and it doesnt seem to only happen when I or the key is near the car.
Does anyone think a dying battery on the remote key might cause this?