door locks unlock by themselves

2000 T&C 3.8 with 74,000 miles. It just started acting up. The locks automatically lock at 15 mph like they should. However when you slow up or stop for a stop sign the doors will frquently unlock by themselves. It also happens after you get out of the van and lock the doors either with the key fob or with the lock button on the driver's door. After you walk away the doors will unlock on their own. Any ideas? thanks.
Reply to
davets

Not a battery problem in the remote, does this happen mostly when its raining or wet out? Could be your disarm switch in one of the doors causing the problem

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

replace the battery in the key fob

Reply to
Punch

It doesn't matter if it's wet or dry. The doors are always latched tight so it's not that the computer thinks the door is ajar. Where is the disarm switch? Would the body control module have anything to do with it and if so where is it? It must know when we are slowing or stopped. I've read about a key fob module behind the instrument cluster up high by the windshield but I wasn't sure if that could be it so I didn't tear into it. I pulled the door lock relay from under the hood and of course the locks don't work then. I don't think it could be a faulty relay intermittantly switching to unlock the doors because it only unlocks and doesn't lock them randomly. Thanks for the help guys.

Reply to
davets

The door ajar has nothing to do with the disarm switches, they are located in the drivers and passengers front doors, mounted on the key cylinder. The best way to check these out is to use a scan tool and monitor them as it is happening

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
tim bur

How hard is it to change the disarm switch? I can see where it may be just setting of signal because its faulty.

Reply to
davets