are all new navtec disks the same?

I have a new 2005 x5 with a dvd navtec system. It came with a 2004.2 dvd and I know that there is a new 2005.2 dvd with new road info on it. I looked on e-bay and they had a new dvd 2005.2 being sold but when I inquired they said it was not for the x5. Does anyone know if this is true or not? thanks, Gary

Reply to
Gary Rall

I know there is a "Pro" and a "High" DVD. As my information comes from research before a European Del. rather than current ownership, I might be wrong.

I think that the "High" works with systems that accept both CD and DVD (example E46 M3) while systems that use "Pro" are DVD only.

Don't know which the x5 is.

Reply to
Jerry W. Howard