climate control is the same as airconditioning on BMW 320D of 2001 ?

Hi, I am interested in a second handed BMW 320D Touring of 2001. According to the specifications this car has climate control. Is that the same as
airconditioning? Is climate control able to cool the interior during hot weather? Or does climate control only keep the warmth on a stable temperature? bye, Frits
Frits Velthuis wrote:

'Climate' is automatic air-con. It controls fan speed and vents etc according to the temperature dialled in. Yes, it can cool the air and it can be manually adjusted if needed.
Huw

Both. Basically, climate control air conditioning monitors and controls the cars interior temperature automatically. You set the temperature and the system does it's best to maintain that temperature. Either by more cooling or heating.
Plain air conditioning is manually controlled. You switch it on and adjust the temperature to suit yourself, but unlike climate control, if the ambient temperature rises or falls, you may have to readjust.
I have two cars. One with CC, the other with plain a/c. I find little practical difference between the two systems. Both keep me comfortable regardless of the outside temperature, which is all that really matters IMO. Mike
Climate Control is both heating and cooling.