Coolant warning light on 1996 328i

Hi,
I have a 1996 328i and I am getting "low coolant level" warning light. I checked the bypass tank and it is full and the car doesn't seem to be
overheating. Can anyone shed light (no pun intended) on this.
thanks
John Smith wrote:

Most likely the coolant level sending unit.
--
-Fred W

I agree with Fred. If however the problem persists after changing the coolant level sensor, check the pin connections at the plug.The plug will lock on tightly but the pin connections inside can be loose.To repair remove plug housing and check and tighten both terminal connections.