Fitting a centre brake light to an older E38

Six months ago I bought a nice low-mileage 1995 730i with the intention of running it for about a year to cut down on my insane taxi bills. It has
proven to be an absolutely delightful car with no defects or vices at all, and so I am now planning to keep it indefinitely. As long as it is good to me I will be good to it.
But one thing I regret is that it never had a centre brake light, and since I do most of my driving on the motorway I certainly appreciate being able to see other drivers' brake lights through the windows of the cars ahead, and I feel vaguely antisocial by not having one. On the other hand my car looks immaculate and I don't want to put in a nasty-looking cheapo Chinese after-market light.
Any thoughts?