New M3, $100,000.

Saw a post that the new M3 is 50,000 British pounds. aka 100 grand USD.
Just way too much for a car. Isn't that nearly 40 grand more than the previous M3?

--

thepixelfreak

That's only way too much for you.
Lots of people drive cars costing that much, or more. I'm not one of them, but maybe in a few years one will show up on the Used Car market, and I can get it for 10k, or so -- which is way closer to my price range ...

Wow that's extremely pricey if it is 100k, if you take into consideration the past year's model was around 60k....the price increase probably has to do with the fact that they're putting in a v8 for the first time instead of the I6.
On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 01:17:39 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Another thing is the engine is cast on the same line as the Formula 1 blocks and apparently hand built too.
Pity some of the idiots that buy them won't have such pedigree

Although you're right that the UK price for the M3 will be around 51K pounds, the US price will be more in the $56K-$58K range (according to Car & Driver and other sources). The UK guys are getting screwed.
FloydR
wrote

It is very costly to put the steering wheel on the wrong side.
wrote

The price of the high end autos has very little to do with their cost and much more to do with what people will pay. I guess they think the brits will pay more than the yanks.
wrote

Maybe. But the Brits need the controls placed on the wrong side, maybe that costs more ...

Another misconception.......... the truth is the UK is the cheapest place in Europe to buy a car at the moment.

It's revenge for bombing Dresden.
Yes that was in very poor taste. My bad.
On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 03:21:18 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@news.vrx.net (Richard Sexton) wrote:

But we didn't hit the porcelain factories

the Audi R6 is 52K and I see a number of them..............

keep in mind that a little over a year ago that 50,000 UKP car would have only cost 85,000. The dollar is very weak at the moment.
z wrote:

Regardless, nobody will be paying $100k for the new M3, so it can't be all that weak...
--
-Fred W

Fred
Don't say that ----------- people still buy Skoda, Fiat and some folk also buy That monstrosity built by VW - I hear they sold 3 last year

not me thats for sure.
I'd settle for a wrecked e30 m3 with a good engine and transmission