outside air temperature sensor E30 convertible

I have a 1990 325i convertible and I want to replace the ambient air temperature sensor. I have the part but cannot find the sensor. I have had the plastic piece in the front of the car off and didn't find it. I have looked around the headlights on the driver's and passenger's side. The things I have read indicate that it is behind the plastic spoiler on the driver's side but I don't find it. Nor do I find a connector that matches the sensor. Can anyone help me? This is really frustrating.

Reply to
nichdl1

On my E36, the sensor is in the air duct that directs air to the Left Front brake ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland