Radar Detector and Climate Control Windscreen

I have a Snooper 815 and the Climate control front windscreen in my E46 320D.
I am finding that the radar detector is not very sensitive, and certainly much less sensitive than a friends similar model.
Could the windscreen be affecting the sensitivity? -- John Perry
http://www.redoak.co.uk http://www.eze-buy.co.uk