Re M54

Looking to get into a 528 station-wagon it's a 1999 with 128000klm I believe it's a M54 engine . Can some one tell me what to look for .The car is well maintain it looks
that way anyway if some one out there could just tell me what to look for .what I mean is every bimmer model has their tweaks Thanks for your help