Slotted or OE Brake Rotors?

I need pads and rotors for my E36. I'm on eBay and see that I can get 4 OE rotors and a complete set of pads for $155, or I can get a full set of slotted rotors and pads for $178.
What to do?

The only rationale I ever knew of for slotted discs was on motorbikes, where they can get very wet, and the holes allow the water to be cleared off more quickly.
Waste of time on a car.
Ventilated discs - now I know why you want those (first hand).
be careful the stuff on ebay may not really be OEM quality, there are grades of disk from the same manufacturer.