92 Seville eats alternator bearings

I have a 92 Seville. I put a rebuilt Pep Boys alternator on it and within a month the bearings were worn out. I had the lifetime warranty so exchanged
it for another rebuild. I'm on about my fifth or sixth one now. Are Pep Boys alternators garbage or is my belt tensioner defective? Anybody else have bearing problems?